exams before christmas and fete de noel
Dad, I tink u r right, a few weeks ago, u asked me if I will still miss this place since I would be going home soon, n I had told u without hesitation tad I cant wait to go home, but as time is drawing near n it is time to leave here, now I m kind of nostalgic…
the last immersion in france was short but sweet, the day I departed lyon was sad, having had to leave my host family, but life soon returned back to normal in spore, with the exception of some jetlag; whereas this exchange has given me more memories n experience than I thought, both sweet and bitter, I get to see everyday as a new challenge, n there would always be new things happening around me, n for my exchange friends as well… I cant say tad I have seen the whole of europe yet, but I definitely have experienced more than wad I could than if I were to stay in spore… n certain international friends I made here are the greatest gifts I get from this long trip… these r friends who always come by to ask me how I was, n if my day had been good, who shared with me their life stories, n their inner thoughts.. I really appreciate these small memories with them… although we do not come from the same origin of a shared culture, our mindsets are nearly the same and we think along the same lines, in the right frequency, although there are times when language is an obstacle, but through some facial expressions, tone of voice and hand gestures, we managed to pull through the conversations… which is quite funny at times…sometimes we can just guess wad the person is going to say next…but i learn something through all these…. that sometimes we depend too much on language we fail to notice what the person is trying to say… it is just this little extra effort that we need, to not hear but listen to the person, jus like blind people can “see” more things than normal people... as I come to an end of this exchange, I feel like a “changed” person, and I see tad my sporean friends who are here with me have all more or less become more independent n “grown up”, we all sacrificed in some ways both emotionally n financially during this whole exchange, i guess, our different individual experience may differ, but we certainly went through a period of quick adaptation to the life here …
ahhh.. this whole sep seems like a very long vacation, a very long dream, and soon, it is time to get into pace, into reality, into the dreary studious life in nus oh noo..…in a few more weeks, I will be packing my bag n get outta here, on Qatar airways and looking forward to chinese new year, n of course my friends who are coming to visit Singapore…
I have decided to organize an international fete with these friends I endear to and whom I believe will stay contact throughout my lifetime… n I thank them for brightening up my days while in
For the past few days, I was grounded in Rabot studying for my 2 papers before Christmas.. and after Christmas I have 2 more papers to go, but right now, I can jus relax first. Just finished my last paper.. not very ideal though, after the paper, both sin n me were feeling heavy, worried about being able to pass the paper… but I was glad that it was over, anyway, even if it isn’t good, I cant do anything about it, worst come to worst, go for another re-test in January… arghh.. today just after my paper, letch n pia organized a small Christmas party and each person is to bring a present less than 5euro for an exchange of gifts…. the party was super, cosy n fun… it was also the last time they will see gongming cos she will be flying off soon, and letch n xiaowen will be departing tmr.. everyone will be leaving rabot for vacation.. rabot will be very empty then.. yoana came to join us later and we had the present exchange.. the present exchange was quite interesting, we stood in a circle and the present was passed around till the pink panther music played by xiaowen stopped. Then the present that landed on our hands will belong to us. I got yoana’s present, which was a glass of sweets!! Letch got my present haha… Francisco was late and he missed the present exchange, so he gave me the present he had prepared for the party, so now I have two presents!! It was a beautiful snowman which is now sitting on my table top…the party ended quite late, it is going to be partying every night till the day I leave for London.