Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Lessons resumed!

For the past few weeks, the strike continued, and no one is sure when lessons start....


... but today, lessons resumed! Well, actually i m not very disappointed, but kinda relieved that lessons resumed again.

Our president sent us an email, which was translated as:

I therefore ask for all UJF students to be present for school this Thursday from 8am onwards…..

So that day we arrived for lessons, yet again there was a swarm of students outside the building, despite the president’s announcement that school will be reopened. I came late, and according to sinhui, a fight between some students and teachers in unblocking the entrance into the school compound happened just minutes ago, like a tug-a-war… it was horrifying… Later, the students outside tried to search for another entry into the building, n we followed.. it seems that the minority wants the school to be blocked, while the majority wants to go for lessons. In contrast, in Singapore, we are thinking of when n how to skip lessons haha. In the end, we were allowed to enter the building to resume our lessons, but by a side door, as the main entrance is still blocked by the trolleys. Also, we have to present our student card before we can enter the building. As we missed several lessons, the exam dates for some modules will be pushed backward to after vacation, tis is worrying. Tis means I still have to study after vacation!! :(

With lessons just resumed, work begins to pile up again…surprisingly, I actually miss going for the geography lecture, haha..the one which always made me fall asleep, n the computer tutorials also, sinhui n I always need sweets to perk us up for this lesson…though there is still a little voice inside me that is pinning for some strike now n then… well.. it is now time to study, and study and study…. have been doing this for the past few days, I m feeling so lethargic now, studying in such a cold weather is unbearable, always makes me feel sleepy, esp noontime… n I jus bought the Carrefour chocolate biscuits with 14 varieties, and oh mann, like wad letch said, it is awefully sinful, it is so good tad I drooled be4 biting it, gosh, it is the best biscuit I have eaten so far, n some more it is a carrefour brand?! I intend to buy home for u all be4 I come back, it is really damn good…

While in grenoble, I did some painting, heh have done 2 so far, it is not perfect but i m quite satisfied with it.. these are with acrylic paint, thou the results may be better if it is oil paint based, but oil paint is much more expensive!!haha voilà


This is the view of the River isere in grenoble. The mountains on the left is where I stay. The bridge is the focus, I cross this bridge everytime to school or to the centre-ville.


This is a one of the walkways down the hill from rabot, n one of my favorite routes, especially quiet and peaceful. I always need to pass by here if I walk down from rabot.

alrightz.. will work on more when I have time!